Adam Sparks, Special to SF Gate
"Philosophy is a battle against the bewitchment of
our intelligence by means of language." --Ludwig
Words are power in motion.
The war over words and how they're used by our society has become the
new battleground of the Left. The primary tool in their arsenal is an
effort to change the conventional meanings of words used in our daily
communication. The morphing of our language is now the front line of
the war on our culture and a powerful means for gaining political ground
for the Left.
Just as many sports fans
need a program to see who's who or what's what on the field, many citizens
need a guide to understanding the Leftist lexicon. So, here's a brief
primer into what the Left actually means when they say:
1) Anyone who has a strong sense of self-responsibility, works hard
for their money or pays taxes.
2) Anyone who believes in the American Dream.
3) White or Asian American.
Getting back at the Advantaged.
1) Tax-supported housing, built by the government, that costs twice
as much to build than if built by a typical builder, while simultaneously
preventing new, for-profit housing construction.
2) A program that requires the Advantaged to spend their taxes to pay
for the lifetime housing of couch potatoes and slackers.
1) The concept of the supremacy of animals' rights over those of humans.
2) The application of the U.S. Constitution to animals in their legal
A new disease cured by taking bright kids bored to tears by the poor
academic curriculum in our public schools and drugging them to death.
New rights not found anywhere in the Constitution that include the right
for slackers to get free food, free housing, free medical care and conjugal
visits in prison, plus permission to deal drugs, defecate in the streets
and aggressively panhandle, as well as get enough welfare money to trade
their cars in every three years.
1) Anyone fighting the socialist aspirations of the radical Left or
anyone who is either Advantaged or wants to be Advantaged.
2) A person proud to be an American, and one who holds ideals like honesty
and morality and heralds individual rights over group rights.
3) Dumb taxpayers who love America.
1) Making sure we highlight and celebrate our different qualities and
our hyphenated countries of origin, while still bashing America and,
particularly, rejecting the idea that there is or should be any unity
of thought or purpose of America.
2) Making sure we have, in all levels of government and corporations,
a proportionate number of people of color and those of different sexual
orientations, unless they are conservatives. Conservatives are not a
part of diversity.
1) A way of stopping America's technological progress, farming practices,
new housing and job creation. This is perpetrated by a cabal of both
tassled-shoe lawyers (who have never actually stepped foot in a wilderness
area) and scraggly neo-hippies.
2) Repeating the mantra that Republicans are "poisoning the air
and water" to a gullible public.
3) An attempt by "progressives" to regress technologically
by reestablishing the technology of the 19th century here in America.
1) Anyone who is not a Progressive (see below).
2) People who believe in America's system of merit and capitalism.
3) Conservatives. (Note: Doesn't include Leftist genocidal tyrants who
brutalize their people in nations throughout the world.)
4) George W. Bush.
Tissue mass in a pregnant woman that often starts moving and kicking
at two months of age.
1) The ability to incite riots against America and its capitalist system
by the use of hateful speech.
2) Speech that disparages the goals, purposes or ambitions of patriotic,
Speech by either the Advantaged or Conservatives that doesn't promote
a socialist "progressive" agenda.
Drifters, druggies, bums, winos, slackers and petty thieves.
Leftists actually paid by taxpayers who lobby for more big government
and movement toward a "progressive," socialist-nanny state.
1)The concept espoused by confused and hapless taxpayers who actually
believe their and their own family's well-being comes before those of
Environmentalists, the Homeless and the beneficiaries of Animal Rights.
2) A major doctrine that terrifies Progressives.
As in, "Don't be judgmental."
1) Said of persons who can actually distinguish between right and wrong.
2) Said of those actually trying to use the aforementioned moral code
publicly to restore order and decency in American policy.
3) Fascists (see above).
Left Winger, a:
This term doesn't exist. Don't speak it or think it. You may have seen
the term "right winger," as it's frequently used in connection
with both political or religious leaders by the Left and their friends
in the media, but you won't see "left winger." To the Left,
there are only right wingers, dumb taxpayers and Progressives.
1) Said of anyone who doesn't support brutal dictators around the world.
2) Said of anyone who loves America.
3) Said of anyone who doesn't buy into the entire socialist "progressive"
4) Said of talk-show hosts.
1) The principle underlying any bashing ceremony against all things
American by representatives of nations or ideologies foreign to America.
2) The foundation of being proud to be from a country while simultaneously
demeaning America. An idea espoused particularly by persons who like
to hyphenate their demographic categorization by using their country
or continent of ancestral origin as a part of their identity.
3) The underpinning of any cultural event, ideology or celebration that
weakens or denigrates the American spirit of unity.
4) The justification for resegregation both at school and work with
separate race-based organizations, distinct graduation ceremonies, etc.
A racist and derogatory term used by Progressives, but parroted with
glee by the media, to indicate a black person who works hard to achieve
or who doesn't think like a socialist bum.
A person who holds that the defense of no one's life -- or any idea,
such as freedom -- is so dear that it rises to the level of "worth
People of Color:
The current politically correct appellation for minorities. We've come
a long way since that very offensive term "colored people."
1) Those who don't want a minimum-wage job, because they're too good
for it, so they take the dole.
2) People who choose to have six children without caring about how they
will afford them.
3) People who think America's taxpayers owe them Basic Rights (see above).
1) Socialist. (The word socialist became real unpopular after the fall
of the Soviet empire and was quickly replaced by a more easily digested
2) A cruel joke on the American people. A word intentionally meant to
deceive the hapless taxpayer into believing that the "progressive"
ideology is somehow related to real progress. In reality, progressive
and progress are antonyms.
1) Those who advocate the slow, clandestine progress of big government
and command-and-control socialism in America.
2) Liberal Democrats.
1) Fascists (see above).
2) The Advantaged (see above).
3) White people.
Anyone not Poor (see above), i.e. "This is a tax cut for the rich."
Right Winger: Conservative
1) The act of ignoring your inner moral code and just believing that
anyone doing anything is OK, no matter what.
2) Does not apply to Conservatives, the Advantaged and Oreos (see above).
3) Applies to dictators committing genocide against their people.
A minority who isn't from a group that does too well in the classroom,
like the Chinese or Japanese.
1) An illegal alien. Someone who entered the country illegally and continues
to remain here unlawfully, frequently working in the underground economy
or, alternatively, getting on the taxpayer-supported dole.
2) Anyone of those the Left uses as "useful idiots" to inflict
their socialist agenda on America.
3) One of a class of people who must not be denied their Basic Rights
Anyone of the class of either vicious criminals that have been busted
and have been victimized by a mean police officer during an arrest,
or an Undocumented Immigrant who has been denied his or her Basic Rights
and is now engaging in protests against America.
Those who are either socialists, collect welfare, are unemployed or
have a job but get paid under the table to avoid taxes. This category
allows the Left to then say, "This tax rebate doesn't benefit the
If moderates, Oreos and
Conservatives -- the dumb taxpayers -- are ever to take back our country,
we'll need to first take back our language.
Adam Sparks is a San Francisco
conservative writer. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.